Thursday 17 May 2012

Minibeast Mayhem!


We've been having a fantastic time over the last 2 weeks hunting for minibeasts and thinking about their 'habitats'.  We have found out that different minibeasts like to have different homes. Ladybirds and butterflies like long grass and flowers, worms like the soil and we have found plenty of woodlice and earwigs under logs.
 We decided to make a hotel especially for the minibeasts. We filled tubes with different things that minieasts like to live in - grass, feathers, sticks, soil, leaves, flowers and wool.  We think all different types of minibeasts will be coming to visit our hotel!

1 comment:

  1. I love minibeasts aswell. I wish I came on your hunt too. I love ladybirds and grasshoppers a lot. I'm sure the minibeasts went dancing out of the grass happily.
    From Karis chestnut

    ReplyDelete